Scattered Sites Homeownership
Section 5H Homeownership
Own the home you have been renting
PHA residents of scattered sites are offered the opportunity to purchase the home they currently occupy through the Scattered Sites Homeownership Program, also know as Section 5H.
- A current PHA single-family scattered site resident.
- A head of household or an adult over 18 years of age who has been in continuous occupancy for a minimum of one year.
- Current with rent, utilities (if applicable) and any other required payments.
- In good standing with lease compliance and lease terms for a continuous period of 12 months immediately preceding the application.
- Able to demonstrate a minimum household, stable income of $11,310 annually and the ability to obtain a mortgage.
- Willing to participate in a pre-and-post purchase-counseling program.
- Able to demonstrate minimum affordability of your unit’s appraised value.