A recertification is a required PHA review of a Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) household's income and composition.  PHA requires recertification's for voucher holders every two (2) years unless you are an Elderly or Disabled household on a fixed income who are recertified every (3) years).

At recertification, PHA requires the following documentation from voucher households:

  • Your income and the income of all of your household members
  • Any changes to your family composition
  • Your assets
  • Your expenses
PHA provides you with two options in completing your recertification:
Option 1:

You can now complete your HCV program recertification online using your computer, tablet, or smartphone using our new Recertification Portal at or at the link below:


My Housing Recertification Portal


If you need help navigating the My Housing recertification portal, you can watch the "How To" video below, which shows how easy it is to complete your recertification online; or you can use the My Housing User Guide linked below:

You can also email us at with questions or if you need assistance with registration.


Option 2:

You can also complete your HCV program Recertication by completing the Application for Continued Occupancy Recert packet you receive by mail.  You can return your Recert packet with verification of your household income via the following: 

          PHA HCV Program
          2013 Ridge Ave
          Philadelphia, PA 19133 


For a list of required verification documents needed to complete your HCV recertification please refer to:

Required Documents for Income Verification

Income and Benefit Verification Guide

Required Documents for Asset Verification

Required Documents for Expenses


Other forms needed to complete your recertification can be found below:

Financial Hardship Worksheet form

Declaration of Citizenship Form

Debts Owed to Public Housing Agencies

Family Notification of Lead Based Paint


If any household members 18 years of age and older claim to have zero income a Financial Hardship Worksheet must be completed.


What if I have a change in Family Composition to report to PHA?

Click here to review the Required Documents for change of family composition.  With the exception of children who join the household as a result of birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody, a tenant must request PHA approval to add a new family member or other household member (spouse, inter-dependent relationship partner, live-in aide or foster child).


If you have any questions about your recertification you can contact us at 215-684-4300 or via email at